Thursday, February 15, 2007

Alla's Visit

I can't believe almost an entire month has gone by and I havn't updated the blog!! So much for my New Year's resolution to add an update once a week, I guess I will just have to strive for once a month!

Well, after returning from Illinois after Emma's arrival, I had to work all weekend. Having a week off comes with a price and for me it was 4 days (or rather nights in a row) of work. Although it was exhausting, working my days all together also benefited me, because the following weekend I got to spend time with Alla, my old roommate from LA.

Alla came in to Boston for a friend's Golden 29th Birthday celebration. She and I both stayed at our friend Emily's place in East Boston. It was a bitterly cold weekend, but we still managed to get out and party. On Friday night I pick Alla up from the bus station - hey it's only $30 round-trip from NYC to Boston!! Then we went to a cocktail party - part of the birthday party festivities - this was one of the biggest birthday parties I have ever heard of, especially for 29!! After the party we headed to Boyolston St. to hit the bars. I didn't know 29 could feel so old, until I stepped into a college bar - where have those 10 years gone!! Even though we were "old" - we managed to party like we were in college again!! And Emily even discovered her new favorite drink - a Greyhound!! Well, at least she discovered she didn't like it!! Apparently sugar didn't even make the drink taste good!!
Saturday was a relaxing day. We didn't do much - it was way too cold to be outdoors!! However, in the evening, it was another night on the town. The three of us had a great dinner downtown before Alla headed off to her party. Em and I proceeded to bar hop - checking out different places downtown!! Around midnight I met back up with Alla, as her party was getting over and we headed to the Beantown Pub for one last drink!! We had a great time, right up until we had to hail a cab, along with the hundreds of other patrons leaving the bars in the snow!!! Who knew it would take 30 minutes to hail a cab in Boston - I sure didn't. Thanks to James, Alla's friends brother we finally got a towncar (don't even ask how much this cost!!) and we headed to a friend's for pizza!! I now know to leave the bars in Boston before closing to ensure I have a ride home!!

No comments: