
Easter Weekend
I know, I know you are thinking Easter weekend, wasn't that 2 months ago....and yes you are correct. But between working a lot more than I am used to and having no internet access in my apartment, it has taken me a while to get organized. But you will be happy to know that I have a couple of blog posts organized and you can breeze through them at your leisure. And now that i am getting organized, I hope to be better about blogging on say a weekly or fort-nightly basis!!
So, way back when in April, Shelby and I woke up on the Saturday morning of Easter Weekend and took a 2 hour train ride from Sydney out to Mount Victoria, a cute little town in the Blue Mountains. We were meeting Ryan and several of his friends out there, whom were already gathered at a friend's house for the long weekend.
We had a great time hanging out with Ryan and his friends. Jane's house sat on a beautiful cliff overlooking a valley...the cool misty weather led to some beautiful views from the balcony. On Easter Sunday, Ryan joined the girls as we headed off to do some light Bush Walking (as they like to call hiking here). And then it was off to Leura to enjoy a bit of shopping. We ended our day with Hot chocolate and scones with fresh cream and jam...sooooo good!!
Monday was a bit rainy, so we spent most of the day indoors playing board games and relaxing. The boys and I did decide to brave the weather for one more bush walk - and I'm so glad we did, because on the way home I saw my first kangaroo (outside of a zoo)!! Poor guy looked scared to death...he was standing in the middle of the road as we came around a curve on our way home...he froze and lucky for him we were going slow, as we had just come through a stop sign. Sorry , there is no picture of this...he moved a bit too quickly for me!!
No comments:
Post a Comment