Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Fun in the Rain at Manly Beach!


A Rainy Day in Manly

When most people think of Australia, they usually think surfing, beaches and sun!! Well this would be true if I were here in the summer months, but I have arrived just in time for winter....which means cool weather and rain.

Shelby and I are working very opposite days right now, so when we get a day off together we are trying to make the most of it and doing something different. So even though it was forecasted to rain today, we decided to hop a ferry and head out to Manly Beach....check out the town and walk along the coast.

Ryan met us at the ferry dock, we grabbed a cup of coffee and hopped on the ferry for our 30 minute ride to Manly.

I wasn't prepared to jump in and try some surfing, but there were several people out taking a go at the surf that the off shore storm was bringing in. As we stood on a cliff just south of the beach we watched as the sky darkened and the storm rolled in. The bit of sun that was trying to break through made a beautiful rainbow.

No sun and surf for me...but had a great time exploring Manly...can't wait to go back on a warm, sunny day!!

No comments: