Saturday, January 13, 2007

Introducing.......

Emma Kate!!! (Click on the title "Introducing" and you can see more pictures!!)

This is Emma at only about 4 hours of age - fresh and clean from her first bath. Unfortunately, I did not get to see her until today, but my dad did a great job capturing her first day of life!


I arrived in Springfield this morning after taking a boat to the airport, 2 flights (one delayed because of weather problems in Chicago), renting a car and making an unexpected overnight stay at my Gram's house because of freezing rain in Springfield. All of this was after getting off work at 7:30a yesterday morning and sleeping about 3 1/2 hours! I told Emma, I love her so much, I would travel by land, sea and air just to meet her!!


Mom and baby are both doing well. 2 hour feeds are exhausting for all those envolved, but Missy is taking advantage of my night shift sleeping pattern and the fact that I am a "baby nurse." Looks like I am staying here tonight - she is worried she won't be able to wake up on her own for the feedings, especially since Emma is a very good sleeper!!


Well - more to come and hopefully I will figure out how to put more pictures on each post by then!!


2 comments:

Jen said...

Congratulations Auntie Jenn! What a beautiful niece you have. Pass on my best wishes to your family!

Love,
Jen

Laura said...

Jenn,
I think this might be one of the most beautiful mom and baby photos I have ever seen. Congratulations!
love,
Laura