Friday, January 12, 2007

Welcome to the World....

........Little Emma Kate Best!!!

Yes, that's right my sister, Melissa and her husband Brett welcomed Emma Kate into the world last night at 8:14pm. Although, she is only about 37 weeks gestation - she is a strong 6 lbs 11oz and 19.5 inches long!!

Both mom and baby are doing well!! Missy was induced at about 9am yesterday morning and once she was ready to push - the baby "popped" out in about 30 minutes - not bad for the first time!!

I am very excited to meet my little niece and after I finish work at 7am, it is home for a quick 3 hours of sleep before I head off to the airport. I should be cuddling little Emma by 10:30pm tomorrow night!!

I am at work right now, so no pictures to post yet, but by Saturday morning I expect to have several up for all to see!!

No comments: