Tuesday, January 2, 2007

Happy New Year!!

Greetings from Boston and Happy New Year to all!!


I arrived safely in Boston on the 29th. After finding the local Target (it took 1 1/2 hours to get there and 30 minutes to get home - I love exploring new places) and unpacking my car, I headed to my hotel for much needed sleep. Yes a hotel - my furniture arrived today and it is nice to be home, finally.


On Saturday, I headed in to Boston on the T to meet my friend Emily for a little shopping. The T was easy to navigate and I will be using it frequently. Emily and I started our day by enjoying a nice breakfast on Charles Street. As we ate, it began to snow. Just a light dusting, but if you ask me, it is all that I need to see while I am here.


After breakfast, we headed across Boston Common and dove into Filene's Basement where we both found new dresses (note picture above) for New Year's, at very reasonable prices. After a little more shopping, we saw Dreamgirls - what a great movie!! My vote for the Oscar is definitely Jennifer Hudson!!! We completed our day in the city with appetizers and a couple glasses of wine! I am definitely liking Boston, so far.


Thanks to Emily, I did not have to sit alone in my hotel room on New Year's Eve. We went to her friend Laura's party in Cambridge - the drinks were festive, the food gourmet and the company was very nice. After ringing in 2007 in style we then tried to get a cab back to East Boston. Easier said than done!! After 15 minutes on the phone, while walking in the rain and trying to hail every full cab that drove by, we finally got a cab. Except, that when we got in, Em realized somewhere between the party and the cab she had lost her entire purse - house keys, cash and all!! Thank goodness her parents were staying in East Boston (a few blocks from her house) at her sister's house. Two phone calls and 3 door buzzes later, we got keys and cash for the cab!! I only had $10 and the ATM would not take my card - many thanks to Emily's parents.

Hope everyone had a wonderful 2007 celebration!! Happy New Year!

No comments: